- January 29, 2020
- Posted by: City Web Company
- Category: Marketing
In our rapidly evolving digital age, successful business owners realize that generating sales is more than just having a product to sell. The true success of your business will depend on your visibility and the awareness of your brand with a target audience.
Many businesses have realized the importance of social media in generating brand awareness and building a loyal customer base. A recent article at Entrepreneur outlines four essential elements necessary to build a brand in social media:
1. Finding social platforms that support your image
It’s a good idea to conduct a social media audit on your business from time to time. Some important things to look for include:
- Does your social media profile match the information you’re posting?
- How long has it been since you actually posted any new information?
- Is your company name mentioned in anything that was shared?
If you are taking the time to invest in social media, you must make sure that any social platform you use mirrors your brand image, voice, and mission. In choosing social platforms to pursue, you should take the following into consideration:
- Facebook seems to be the best social platform for promoting brand awareness since it has over 1.15 billion active users. Due to its varied user base, Facebook seems to work in promoting virtually any brand.
- Instagram has over 1 billion active monthly users who are predominately male between the ages of 18 and 24. Even though some people don’t think about Instagram for B2B, it does provide for great exposure and visibility for your business.
- Twitter, with over 288 million active monthly users, is an excellent platform for personal branding. It allows anyone to share opinions and content across the globe (as long as it doesn’t exceed 140 characters). Twitter is known as the place for breaking news.
- LinkedIn has reached over 238 million users and is the social network for businesses and professionals targeted at B2B. LinkedIn is the ideal networking site for generating leads, connecting with businesses and finding new employees.
- Pinterest is used by 31% of online adults, with 44% of the users being women. It is an excellent social network to reach women, especially for brands selling products like perfume, jewelry or clothing.
- YouTube has over 1 billion unique visitors each month, with approximately 70% coming from outside the U. S. YouTube enables discovery and sharing of online video.
The decisions about using social media to promote your brand or which social networks to use can often be overwhelming. When deciding on whether or not to add another social channel to your social marketing strategy, ask yourself two questions. The first is, do you have the time? The second question is,will you be reaching the right audience?
2. Providing useful and shareable content
The ultimate key to social media marketing success is posting content that people just can’t wait to share. People don’t really care too much about your product or service. They really want to know what it enables them to do. Content must speak to the unique personalities of your current and potential customers.
3. Leveraging your audience’s influencers
There are different types of influencers and you want to choose those that seem genuine and have no particular agenda. It is best to avoid those who are constantly making promotional posts as their followers will see that their loyalty lies with advertisers, not their audience.
4. Developing social media campaigns
Before starting any marketing campaign, you must clearly define your goals. Establishing clear goals makes it easier to analyze results later. Your social campaign must extend your social reach, help you better define your target audience, and achieve your long-term business goals.
Successful social media campaigns are part of integrated marketing communications where your social media efforts are supported on a number of other social channels. Steve Olenski wrote an interesting article for Forbes in which he outlined some of the best social media campaigns of 2015.
Prove to your followers that there is a real person behind your brand. Content must never be dry and lifeless, but have a personality to connect with your audience. Focus on starting a conversation and not advertising a product. The most important thing is to listen. You will create meaningful social communities if you recognize the things your fans and followers care about.
City Web Company offers effective social media marketing to increase your website traffic and boost your company’s trust and credibility. Contact us today and we will show you how we can help your business grow through social media while you spend your valuable time doing what you do best – running the business.